Description: Photo of a couple viewing the altar in St. Francis Chapel within the Fine Arts Building. Designed by Bertram Grosvenor Goodhue as an example of a Spanish Colonial church, the Chapel was built to add a religious note to the Panama-California Exposition of 1915. The altar includes gold leaf and meticulously crafted figures of the Virgin and Child in the center, flanked on the left by Saint Francis Xavier and on the right by San Diego de Alcala.
Creation Date: 1935
Places: St. Francis Chapel
Object ID: photo_1935_citysd_35expofile80_15295
Copyright: non profit fair use exemption
Format: b/w photograph
Credit: City of San Diego Collection, California Pacific International Exposition Digital Archives
Full-size image: CLICK HERE